Join the Frailty Myths
Board of Directors
We’re very excited to launch our board member search. We are looking for someone to join our team who wants to take an active role in building a more just and loving world. Frailty Myths does diversity and inclusion differently. We are an impact-driven, practice-based, and value-led organization. Our unique, experience-centered programming results in lasting behavioral changes that lead to more just, inclusive, and diverse workplaces and communities where everyone can thrive. Our experiential hands-on educational methods create empowering and transformative experiences through a curriculum that dismantles oppressive systems while participants learn how to build healthy, sustainable ones in their place, both internally and externally: from confronting insecurity to learning how to apologize.
If you want make an impact in peoples’ lives and be a part of an incredible community doing transformational work, let us know by clicking the “apply” button above. There is really a no more beautiful and inspiring space then when we are able to put into revolutionary practice the world we are working tirelessly to build a world where we can be our whole selves, feel the fullness of our power, the strength in our community, and where every one of us can thrive. This is what we do at Frailty Myths.
We are specifically looking for someone to fill the Development & Fundraising board position. However, candidates that make a great match will also be considered.
We so look forward to hearing from you.
In love and power,
What the Board Does
What the Board Does:
The Frailty Myths’ Board of Directors provides mission-based leadership, strategic governance, and organizational oversight. As a young organization, meaningful involvement in operations by the Board is expected and critical for the long-term success of Frailty Myths.
The Frailty Myths’ Board is a working board. The health and progress of the organization is dependent on board members’ contributions to operations.
Frailty Myths’ Board Members:
- Serve a 3 year term
- Attend quarterly 2 hour board meetings and committee meetings that are held on a monthly basis or as determined by the committee chair.
- Attend annual 2 day board retreat (in person or virtually)
- Each Board Member must serve on a minimum of 1 committee
- This involves a minimum average of 4-5 hours/month to Frailty Myths
- All Frailty Myths Board Members will consider Frailty Myths a philanthropic priority and make an annual gift commensurate with each Board Member’s financial capacity that reflects this priority.
- We expect board members to contribute personally and/or support through fundraising.
Development and Fundraising Position:
The Fundraising & Development Board position requires expertise in successful nonprofit fundraising or for profit. As a Board Member, you will:
- Play a leading role in guiding Frailty Myths in pursuing fundraising programs, activities, and opportunities.
- Find and pursue fundraising opportunities and creative approaches to sustainable development.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the fundraising strategy and generate reports to measure success.
- Discuss issues involving the short-term and long-term fundraising vision of Frailty Myths with the Executive Officers Team.
- Chair the Development & Fundraising Committee
- Work closely with the Treasurer to ensure financial health of the organization
Devo. & Fundraising Position
The opportunity to be a Board Member of Frailty Myths is an incredible opportunity for an individual that is passionate about Frailty Myths mission and who has a track record of participation and success with board or civil society leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved a proven track record of supporting working communities, communities of color, LGBT communities, and have a fundamental passion for direct-action community work.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Previous board experience
- Extensive experience with executive leadership accomplishments in community organizing, activism, philanthropy, education, or the nonprofit sector.
- A commitment to and understanding of Frailty Myths participants, preferably based on expertise, to work diligently to dismantle and heal from systems of oppression
- Savvy diplomatic and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Frailty Myths’ participants.
- Strong sense of commitment, follow-through, and accountability
- Experience working in a dynamic environment
Process & Timeline.
The Nominating Committee is currently made up of the 4 current board members in consultation with our advisory council.
- We are currently accepting nominations
- One on one conversations with select applicants will happen on a rolling basis.
- The nominating committee will select 4-8 candidates to interview in front of the entire board.
- We aim to make a selection in time for the new board member to join our 1st Quarterly Meeting of 2022.
For any questions, email: email@example.com